2020-01-13 编辑：湖北成考网 阅读量：308
导读： 2017年成人高等学校招生全国统一考试高起点《英语》真题（一）......了解更多成人高等学校招生全国统一考试各科真题， 请关注湖北成考网官方微信公众号。
I.Phonetics ( 5 points)
Directions:In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letters or letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and iden-tify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answerby blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1. A. penalty B. moment C. quarrel D. absent
2. A. sympathy B. material C. courage D. analysis
3. A. starvation B. suggestion C. satisfaction D. situation
4. A. donkey B. turkey C. money D. obey
5. A. revise B. consist C. advertise D. visit
Ⅱ. Vocabulary and Structure ( 15 points )
Directions : There are 15 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
6. Jonathan and Joe left the house to go for__ after supper.
A. walk B. the walk
C. wallks D. a walk
7. He pointed at the new car and asked, "___ is it? Have you ever seen it before?"
A. Why B. Where
C. Who D. Whose
8. My father asked __ to help with his work.
A. I and Tom B. Tom and me
C. me and Tom D. Tom and I
9. Nowadays little knowledge __ to be a dangerous thing.
A. seem B. seemed
C. does seem D. do seem
10. If their marketing team succeeds, they __ their profits by 20 percent.
A. will increase B. would be increasing
C. will have increased D. would have been increasing
11. You'd better take these documents with you __ you need them for the meeting.
A. unless B. in case
C. until D. so that
12. I haven' t been to a pop festival before and Mike hasn' t __
A. too B. as well
C. neither D. either
13.__ is known to the world, Mark Twain was a great American writer.
A. As B. Once
C. That D. It
14. John complained to the bookseller that there were several pages______ in the dictionary.
A. lacking B. losing
C. missing D. dropping
15. Not until the game had begun __ at the sports ground.
A. should he have arrived B. would he have arrived
C. did he arrive D. had he arrived
16. Moviegoers know that many special effects are created by computers, they often don' tknow is that these scenes still require a lot of work.
A. That B. Whom
C. What D. How
17. The president is to give a formal __ at the opening ceremony.
A. speech B. debate
C. discussion D. argument
18. When I am confronted with such questions, my mind goes __, and I can hardly remember myown date of birth.
A. faint B. blank
C. dark D. blind
19. If they are willing to lend us the money we need,all our problems will be__
A. solved B. caused
C. covered D. met
20. This article __ more attention to the problem of cultural conflicts.
A. cares for B. allows for
C. applies for D. calls for
Ⅲ. Cloze ( 30 points)
Directions:For each blank in the following passage, there are four choices marked A, B0 Cand D. Choose the one that is most suitable and mark your answer by blackeningthe corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
What enables some people to get big creative breakthroughs while others only get small and non-creative breakdowns, blaming themselves and society? Are some people "gifted"? Are there other factors 21 work--factors that we have more control over than we think?
While nobody can deny the 22 that some people seem to be blessed with particular creativity, research shows that anyone can 23 their chances of coming up with new and original ideas 24 they would only engage themselves more in the process of 25 . It' s the old Thomas Edison thing about "discovery 26 99 percent perspiration (汗水) and 1 percent inspiration. "
27 , the studies prove this:great creative breakthroughs usually happen only 28 intense periods of struggle. It is sustained effort towards a specific goal 29 eventually prepares for great creative insights.
This kind of sustained effort does not always 30 immediate results, a fact that not only separates the innovators (革新者) from non-innovators, but 31 leads some people to conclude that it is just not 32 for them. "Maybe I should have gone to medical school like my mother wanted," they wonder when the breakthrough is 33 to be found. Alas, one forgets during inevitable encounters 34 self-doubt,that the big surprise is never 35 . Indeed,it can happen at any time and place.
21. A. to B. in C. at D.by
22. A. issue B. problem C. reason D. fact
23. A. miss B. reduce C. increase D.lose
24. A. because B. if C. while D. whether
25. A. creation B. practice C. production D. achievement
26. A. being B. be C. was D. were
27. A. Sooner or later
B. Some day or other
C. Every now and then
D. Time and again
28. A. beyond B. after C. above D. through
29. A. that B. who C. what D. as
30. A. create B. produce C. inspire D. encourage
31. A. too B. once C. again D. also
32. A. good B. difficult C. possible D. stupid
33. A. anywhere B. everywhere C. somewhere D. nowhere
34. A. against B. across C. with D. into
35. A. far away B. used up C. cleared off D. near by